Tempura pheasant back mushroom
Tempura-Fried Pheasant Back Mushroom
1/4 cup (32 g) all-purpose flour
3/4 cup (96 g) corn starch
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 egg, beaten lightly
1/2 cup (120 ml) soda water
- Tempura Batter
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add egg.
- Slowly whisk in soda water until the mixture is smooth.
- Use immediately as carbonation will fade. Keep chilled.
- Cooking the Mushrooms
- Slice mushrooms into 1/4 inch (6 mm) thick pieces.
- Pour 1/2 inch of oil into a deep-sided skillet over medium heat.
- Drop mushroom slices into the hot oil one by one.
- Cook until crispy and golden brown on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove and cool on a paper towel-covered plate.
- Serve and enjoy!